Wednesday, October 19, 2011

"I Dream..."

I remember when I first started working at UCSD I would come home overwhelmed almost every night. Not because the work load was too much, but because of the patients...

Today I found out that a patient we have worked with in the past years had lost her bottle to cystic fibrosis.

My prayers go out to her family during this time...I do believe she touched the hearts of all those she came in contact with. 

When a patient remembers you, you know you've done something special to make them remember. 

You don't have to work in a hospital to touch someone's life. It's as simple as a hello or a smile... You never know what someone is going through and sometimes, your warm smile or  hello, can brighten up their day.

Sometimes when you least expect it, they can touch your life and that's why YOU remember them....

No comments: