Saturday, October 22, 2011

fun. Fun. FUN!




 Did I forget to mention FUN?

I started out the day with some thrift store shopping with my loves Melissa, Rose and Lilly at the Goodwill on Home Avenue. A good find takes a lot of patience and well, we spent about 3 hours in there but between the four of us we had a lot of FUN and found a lot of cute stuff for not a lot of money!

Afterwards, Melissa left to help Rastko babysit but Rose, Lilly and I went back home to pick up Mikey and Jake and we had lunch.

I have to admit after lunch, I was pretty exhausted from the trip to the Goodwill...a nap would have been nice..but it was time to take the kids out for some more FUN


We met up with Kenny and Trevor at the Pumpkin Station at Parkway Plaza. It's not as fun as the patch but the kids loved it. I think next year we need to take Lilly somewhere with bigger rides, the rides today wasn't as exciting for her because she's getting to big (sad face). She got off the swing ride and told us, "Wow, that was embarrassing." I think she didn't like the fact that her feet almost touched the ground during the whole ride. Jacob rode the same ride and the expression on his face was priceless...
So funny!
Getting too big for the rides =(




Can you spot the DIFFERENCE? hahah!

Jacob didn't care for the rides as much of course. Instead he enjoyed playing with the hay that was all over the ground. Good choice Jacob, considering it didn't cost a thing. They did sell hay there and I'm sure Jacob would have enjoyed making a Jacob MESS back home with it, but NO THANKS...
HAY Jacob!

 What's next? Another GOODWILL...heheh..this time the one in Santee.

Well this time, it was Mikey, Kenny, Trevor and Jacob(he didn't really have a choice), who accompanied Lilly and I. My favorite part of shopping at thrift stores is finding shoes. I usually always find at least one pair of really cute shoes...my rare vintage finds really gets me excited...but the last few times I've gone, I've been disappointed because all the cute shoes I do find are either too big or too small! I've even tried to convince myself that I can wear really thick socks or "STUFF" them, but who wears thick socks with a pair of pumps? I mean some girls can make it "work" I guess, but I'm not one of them. But today made up for the other times I didn't get find anything, because I actually found TWO! woohoo!

Other than shoes, I love me some sweaters. I wear sweaters year round, it's NEVER too hot for a sweater for Bori...that's what Mikey always says when someone asks me, "Aren't you hot in that sweater?" I especially love granny sweaters! Melissa and Michael like to call me Grandma Bori and honestly I'm ok with that. It's an appropriate nickname considering I like to knit and crochet during my spare time..hahah!

We all ate at SONICS for dinner afterwards. fun.Fun.FUN! is only appropriate for the title of this entry because all day today, all we had was FUN!

Good night!






*No working out until I see my doctor on Tuesday about my back pain. Maybe I'm aging rapidly to fit in with my elderly hobbies and clothing....

No comments: