Monday, October 17, 2011

Buyer's Remorse and Fog...

Impulse shopping tends to lead to BUYER'S REMORSE, well, at least it does for me. So what does one do when this happens? Return the things I DON'T need. In return I get my money back, and money back in my wallet/bank makes for a HAPPY HUBBY and I guess a happier ME too! With that said, ALWAYS keep your receipts!

Here's the story...on Saturday I visited Victoria's Secret and bought a gift for my friend. I also decided to spoil myself by getting some makeup from there. I bought an eyeshadow palette, 2 eyeliners and a lip gloss. At the time, I was excited about my purchase, however when I checked out I wasn't excited about the cost!

So I pondered about the things I got and how practical it was for me and of course how it would "benefit" my family. Thinking...thinking hard...head hurts(exaggerated)... So here is what I came up with...

1. How often would I use what I had purchased? Well, considering the fact that my make up staple consists of usually only mascara, in which I haven't used an ounce of in the past month, I guess not that often. Not to mention that none of what I had purchased included MASCARA.

2. How is EYESHADOW, LIP GLOSS and EYELINER useful for Michael, Lilly and Jacob? Michael and Jacob will have no use for any of it (thank goodness, or I would need to worry). Lilly could use the lip gloss occasionally, but 1/3 doesn't win this case.

3. How much money did I actually spend on these 4 items? Money I could have used for something else or saved? I didn't realize that I had spent so much on these 4 items. When I went to return them, I realized I had spent close to 62 dollars on 4 things...oh no, that was not very "thrifty" of me now, was it?

So in the end, I made the smarter choice in returning the make up. And what did I do with the money I got back? Michael, Jacob and I enjoyed lunch together. Nothing grand, just some Greek food at Daphne's in Mission Valley before he took me to work.

Tomorrow we will be taking a trip to ROSS to return a pair of ankle boots that I had purchased a week ago and have now decided, I don't need them. They're cute and all, but I'd much rather take my 14.99 + tax back. Let's just hope I don't get distracted and buy something else while I am there. But if I do, at least I'll have the satisfaction of knowing I have 30 days to return it.

Next topic... shall we discuss the weather now? I loved the weather today, Michael takes me to work every day on the 5 freeway. The drive is always lovely because you can see most of the coast on the way to my work.

There was fog transcending down the valley into the freeway as we drove, it was beautiful. It was still warm, and when I got to work I was only able to enjoy the view from the inside. The fog was thick in La Jolla. I love it, it feels so much more like FALL now...and it gives this kind of eerie feeling, which is perfect given Halloween is just weeks away.

Totally RANDOM but don't mind the little notes at the bottom of my blog. Starting today, I am going to log my work outs at the end of my day. Strictly to keep me motivated! Please share with me some of your work outs I can try so I don't get bored!



Foggy Day....


Jacob boy fell asleep on the way



Foggy Night...



*Incline 1, speed 5, 15min *incline 10, speed 3.5, 5min *incline 4.5, speed 5, 5min *incline 1, speed 5, 5min

Calories burned: 356

Total time: 30











No comments: