Saturday, December 24, 2011

A Very Merry Week....

This past week has been so AMAZING.  
I had the whole week off, but EVERY DAY of the week we had something to do.
Let's reflect.....

Friday 12/16/11
Last day of work for me and boy oh boy did I enjoy the day! We had an UGLY SWEATER PARTY and our Chief Radiologist, Dr. Richman had mexican food catered for the occasion. I had Alivia model my sweater for me and she looked pretty darn cute in it! I honestly didn't think the sweater was ugly enough so the night before I had crocheted a bunch of bows and flowers with GREEN and RED yarn to embellish the sweater a little more. End result: WINNER!  I won a huge bag of Lindt's Lindor Truffles.  After the party my coworker Gladys wanted me and Alivia to open our gift from her. She got us Juicy Couture wristlets! They're so cute! My first Juicy anything! See, I'd never buy anything like that for myself so I really did appreciate it as a gift! Thanks Gladys!


Saturday 12/17/11
We celebrated Grandma Riggins 87th birthday at Por Favor's Mexican Restaurant in El Cajon. It was a great family gathering and it was great to see everyone again!

After the party we headed to another Ugly Sweater/Gingerbread House Party at Ron and Carol's house. This time I wore the sweater and the kids even got to wear some too. I really liked Michael's sweater but it was NOT ugly!  We had so much to eat that night, pizza, spaghetti and lots of homemade sweet treats! Of course it wouldn't be a Schoolcraft Christmas Party without a Gingerbread house contest! This is our 5th year celebrating with the Schoolcrafts and we always enjoy the food and fun every year. Renee and I partnered up this year. We didn't win, but that's ok because we had a lot of fun decorating our house.

Here are some photos for now...
Lilly and her new friend Tavis decorated one together. Way to go kids!


Some of the houses. Ours is the one that says "Merry X-MAS" on the roof.

Some "Awkward" Family Photos...Michael's facial expressions cracks me up!



Sunday 12/18/11
I had some family come down to San Diego from Murrieta and we went and watched the boat parade at Seaport Village. Afterwards we went to CHRISTMAS CARD LANE in Rancho Penasquitos. We've been going every year since Lilly was born. I love it there. Christmas joy all around, almost EVERY house is lit and decorated. This year we even saw Mr. and Mrs. Clause and Frosty the Snowman! Some homes were offereing hot cocoa and treats for donations. My favorite house is the one themed after the movie "A CHRISTMAS STORY." They even have the lamp leg, CLASSIC! Even though it was freezing cold walking around and watching lights NEVER gets old!







 Monday 12/19/11
I took Terri out for dinner at Barona as an early Christmas gift.  Nothing beats their all you can eat crab and oysters! Laughter and fun was included also. We really did have a blast. I love.Love.LOVE this woman! She is such an inspiration! And she has the cutest Australian accent, I could listen to her talk for hours! 



Tuesday 12/20/11
Sister Howe was kind enough to welcome us in her house for homemade lasagna for dinner after our Secret Santa gift exchange. We had a grand ol' time with one another. I love our young women and I love the leaders. So blessed for such a wonderful calling!



 Wednesday 12/21/11 
Me, Michael and the kids met up with Erika and 2 of her girls, Sarah, John and their boys for a little lunch playdate at Mcdonalds in La Mesa. It was nice to get to spend some time with them.

In the evening, we met up with our young women and the leaders at the Mormon Battalion for A HAWAIIAN CHRISTMAS presentation. It was group of young girls dancing hula to Christmas music. It was so cute! And the tree in the theatre part of the building was decorated so beautifully!


Thursday 12/22/11
I met up with Sally and baby James for lunch at Croutons in La Jolla. She used to serve in YW with me then she moved to La Jolla when she was pregnant with James. It was nice catching up with her. James her son is soooo CUTE!

After lunch I picked up Alivia from work and we hung out all day! We went thrift shopping at Goodwill and then ate dinner at CiCi's pizza buffet. Afterwards we drove around La Mesa, my favorite neighborhood in San Diego, and looked at Christmas lights and then stopped by starbucks for yummy hot apple cider. When we got home Alivia helped us wrap some presents! We had a really great day together, love her!

Friday 12/23/11
We started out the day by visiting Grandma and Grandpa Liljestrom at 11 to exchange gifts with them. Aunt Bonnie and Uncle Bill also stopped by as we were leaving to drop off gifts that Jessica had sent with them for us. It was nice being able to see them.

Later in the evening we celebrated Christmas early at Jenny (sister) and Greg's (brother in law) house in Santee. Every year they host dinner at their house and we exchange gifts with eachother and a group of our close family friends. We had turkey and rib roast for dinner. After dinner we gathered around the tree, and opened our gifts. I had a lot of fun, we all did. I was a little bummed because we couldn't take our time and relax after. We helped clean up and then had to head home so I could rise early for work at 7am Christmas Eve. Nevertheless, we had a great time spent with family and friends. Thank you Jenny and Greg for the food and presents. We love you guys. Next year, I'd like a niece or nephew okay!

PICTURES FROM THIS EVENT COMING SOON...
















No comments: