Friday, December 2, 2011

Away in a Manger...

Everday as Michael drives me to work we past the San Diego Temple and we noticed they put up the Nativity scene up so it's viewable when driving on the 5 freeway. It's so lovely.

I told Michael to bundle the kids up and bring them with him to pick me up after work tonight and we all headed over to the Temple to see the decorations and see the Nativity scene.

We didn't get over there til a little after 9pm and as soon as we drove in I was so excited to see all the lights up, it was just beautiful. Just being on the Temple grounds, you definitely can feel the spirit.

They had music playing too which was wonderful. The Nativity scene wasn't lit by the time we got there. Lilly kept asking to see Baby Jesus but because it was decorated to face the freeway you can't really get a good view of the scene from the dark.

The cold weather just made it feel more like the holidays, I really enjoyed ending the night with a visit to see the decorations at the Temple.

We stopped by California Pizza Kitchen for dinner and then headed home for snuggle time under the blankets and a movie before bed.




My loves...forever and always...

The view of the Temple from CPK, still gorgeous.


2 comments:

TamaraB♡ said...

I love the pictures! I miss going to the temple. We used to do the baptisms for the dead and it was such a cool experience. Thank again for coming to the party and for letting me meet your babies!!! Lilly is such a little lady and I LOVE HER!!! AND JACOB!!! but you ca tell lilly really is a girly girl and gets her beautiful-ness from her mama.:) Play date in the future!!!!

KelliMakeup said...

Thanks for following!! I used to live in San Diego and whenever I would pass that temple I was always in awe of it. When I was little I was convinced that Cinderella lived there LOL