Tuesday, March 30, 2010

31 weeks


I'm seeing my Ob/gyn every three weeks now so I saw her today....

It was extremely hard for me to get up this morning for my 9:15am appt, but I got up, showered and headed over to the doctor's office with Mikey.

Got there and waited for my doctor to come see me....No one wants to hear "I have bad news" from their doctor but those were the first words out of her mouth as she walked into the room.

I had some blood drawn 3 weeks ago so I knew it was going to be about that....

Well, my iron level is very low. I'm a little under a 9 and 12 and up is considered normal according to her.

I expected to be be anemic because I was with Lilly, but I wasn't as tired as I am now.

The other this is my glucose test came back a little high so I have to do it again, this time it's the 4hr one, which I'm not looking forward to. The doctor said she is pretty sure I'll test negative this time, but this pregnancy has been full of surprises so who knows.

Hopefully it will come back negative so I don't have to worry about that and the anemia.

I didn't take the news too badly, I mean all that matters is the baby is healthy and my anemia is not hurting him, that's the first thing I was concerned about when she told me.

I'm going to start taking some iron pills to build my level back up. She said if I start now taking the pills now, my levels will be good at the time of delivery.

Nine more weeks to go....can't wait to hold my baby boy!

No comments: